Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 30 something: Scale SMASH 2010


Hi world: As many of you know I am in my second half of my own nutrition challenge. The first 30 days was started by a competition at my gym and post body fat test results I had a MAssiVE cheat meal. Now I'm on the next 30 days.

Above is a picture of an event we held at Crossfit Peachtree this past Friday - SCALE SMASHING!

I'm not sure if any of you were/are scale obsessed but I'll tell you, the scale can literally make or break your day. I used to weigh myself four times every morning (four times) and I would calculate (again Type A personality coming out) the average between those weights.

For so long  the number on the scale would determine how I felt. So for example, during the nutrition challenge I would get on the scale and when it first dropped 5 lbs in a week I was ecstatic and than as the number went back up I felt despondent. I could NOT understand how it was possible. I told myself that after the competition ended if I had only lost two pounds I would just give up on my goal of size 10 and move on. In many ways I told myself that it was just not possible and I was destined to be at this size. . .despite. I told myself it was okay to just settle into average because it was obvious that nothing was working.

But of course (see last post) the scale hadn't told me anything. It hadn't told me that I gained a bunch of muscle or lost a ton of fat - IN THIRTY dAYs. . .It didn't tell me that I lost 2.8% of my body fat in 30 days and it wouldn't. It was THAT day that I decided the scale MUST go. . .and so on Friday, my gym family and I - we killed that scale

Crossfit style - with a sledge hammer =)

I wanted to urge each and every one of you - to find a place where you have support. As I told one of my friends (who is considering trying crossfit) 95% of the folks you come into contact with on a daily basis are not living a healthy lifestyle, so you have to find somewhere where folks can support you.

Thats what its about. . .I have a group of women and men at Crossfit that support me in my goals, whatever those are - and who when given the opportunity to use a sledgehammer, will get just as excited as I was!!! I hope for each and every one of you you find a gym like that - and if you haven't. . .fb me and give it a try

PS. . .If you have never taken a sledge hammer to something - you should. . .it feels AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment