Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 50 something: Thanksgiving food plan, a recipe and LA Fitness WOD =)

Hi peeps - It's been a while. . .but you'll be happy to hear I've been staying strict and have completely adjusted. I even enjoy drinking black coffee every day!! (this took a good 45 days). I don't really even crave the bad stuff (well not ALL of the bad stuff - lol). I am learning that when I'm hungry I should eat. . .and when I'm full I shouldn't. . .but more often than not I find that I need to eat a lot more frequently in order to stay full!

I wanted to first post that I made a DELICIOUS recipe - courtesy of health-bent.com (if you haven't been to their website you should, I mean their goal is to make paleo food that doesn't taste like dog food so that's already something to get excited about). I amended their website by adding more raisins and I put the pecans in the batter with some hazelnuts because I didn't make the icing (no dairy for me).

http://www.health-bent.com/treats/carrot-cupcakes

They are DELICIOUS and I hope it's a reminder that you can stay paleo (if you so choose) over Thanksgiving.

I'm headed to my boyfriend's house for Thanksgiving and am bring the above delicious treats, roasted cauliflower (one of my favorites and super cheap) as well as steamed broccoli (the one vegetable the bf eats - I know, I know!).

That way I figure I can have some turkey, veggies and the treats I made. I'm actually excited to stay strict during Thanksgiving.  I decided to stay strict (again this is what works for me) because let's face it, there will be another Thanksgiving! =)

So that's my food plan - and while my gym is closed on Thursday and Friday I have a Thursday LA Fitness WOD planned (primarily to scare people) =)

21-15-9
Deadlifts (#185)
Push ups
Burpees

Friday I plan to put on the sneakers and get in a good run as the weather is really fantastic for running right now.

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for each and every one of you - especially those who silently read the blog =) You encourage me to keep going and keep striving for something better

HUGS

1 comment:

  1. Fan-tabulous!! I saw you just a month ago and I can see the change. Love it and keep it up !!!!

    ReplyDelete