Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 44: The Kindness of Crossfitters - THANK YOU!

Yes, I know it's a nutrition blog but I had to write this blog post because I've been really thinking about how much of a difference it makes to have individuals in my corner who get it. Eating strict paleo IS a life style change, it has not only changed my mentality about food but also makes me sound (as my boyfriend described) like Jehovah Witness who just found Jesus lol

I know I keep rehashing this point but I'm encouraging you folks to go find a gym that is right for you. There are two things that have happened in the last week have really stayed with me

1. I did a makeup workout on Thursday which was 30 minutes of HELL (the McGhee workout). Seriously my body hasn't been the same sense doing that and it was insane.

Afterwards I laid on the ground for a while and when I looked up a guy who had just finished his own workout was putting away my weights.

2. During that same workout I was struggling to get through each round when someone came over - picked up the stop watch and coached me through the rest of the workout. Telling me I could do it and encouraging me the whole time

Yesterday was another example of this! A group of us went out to support some amazing athletes from my gym at Garage Games.http://www.crossfitgarage.com/

 It is such an AWESOME thing to watch these athletes compete and see women with muscles, women who are not spending 2 hours a day running on the treadmill compete (but that's for a future blog post). They are strong and our girls and guys from CFPT were so inspiring yesterday.

So I leave you with this - I hope wherever you are working out and whatever you are doing that you find a gym like mine. A place where you'll be supported, where you can cheer someone on and get all of the encouragement you need to accomplish your goals!

Next topic: Staying Strict Through the Holidays =)

No comments:

Post a Comment