Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 2: Am I really drinking tea today? and. . .things you never wanna hear the guy doing your body fat say

So today was a full day. . I got up and didn't want to experience the nastiness that is black coffee so decided to drink some black tea instead. This is a HUGE step for me people - HUGE. I feel like tea is for people who do yoga and want to breathe all day - which I don't want to do. . .I feel like coffee is for Type A people who have lots of post it notes and put appointments in multiple places, and like to stay in a heightened state of anxiety (which is what I like to do), but I broke with tradition and had some tea. And SURPRISE - it wasn't disgusting. Black tea is okay. . .I'm not saying that I haven't been thinking about a tall sf latte from starbucks ALL DAY. . .however, the black tea is okay. I considered the morning a SUCCESS!

Anyway, after my tea experience I went to CFPT where I'm beginning  to incorporate some workouts that will help me get stronger (I hope). So twice a week I'm going to do a workout from Rob Orlando's website in addition to the main CF wod's. . .http://www.hybridathletics.net/

I have a personal goal of lifting a car someday and I'm hoping his workouts will help me get there =) Yes, I said lifting a car. . .I mean wouldn't it be so super bad ass to go to parties and just lift cars - I'm just saying! Obviously, if I can lift cars and still maintain a little pretty Tyra and Oprah WILL be calling. . .

Anyway I did an amended wod from his page and then one of my CF friends and I drove out to Smyrna to get our body fat tested with Bali in his 'tank o' lies'. http://www.bodyfattest.com/. If you're interested in hearing someone lie to you, you should go =) After I was done, he tells me "I have some good news and some bad news". . .just not what you want someone to be saying who's just seen your fat ass in a swimsuit be submerged in water. . .

Bad news was I've gained about 3 lbs of body fat since MAY - EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKk. . .I definitely feel this is due to my cheat meals being a little too frequent and the fact that my knee injury has slowed me down from doing any sort of running

Good news was I gained about 4 lbs. of muscle since MAY. . .

So here's how I see it - I obviously need to reign my Mexican fiesta nights in, because I'm having too much fun! And I need to incorporate some running like cardio back into my life until my knee is rehabbed. . .

Yet, the biggest gift of all is that I've come to a place where hearing that I've gained 3 lbs. doesn't make me want to jump off of the top of my apartment building (which coincidentally is only two stories so I'd probably just break a lot of bones). But I've come to terms with how slow of a process this is going to be and feeling good about all of the things I'm doing right.

So if you're drudging away at LA Fitness (like I was) - comparing yourself to everyone that walks by and feeling less than because of it. . .I'd say find yourself a gym where no matter what you and your goals are supported =)

On that note - I'm going to finish the amazing paleo jerk chicken I made courtesy of Crossfit Verve in Denver
http://www.crossfitverve.com/fuel/2009/03/jamaican-jerk-chicken.html

1 comment:

  1. The Mexican fiesta nights are not worth it! Keep it up, though, and keep talking me out of craziness like baby food.

    ReplyDelete